Pot butter (Hashish) is one of the most useful bases in the world of green cooking. There are two main methods for making hash butter, both based on slow cooking in boiling water. Thus brown hemp butter is prepared in 7 simple steps:
Preparation time: 1-2 hours (2 hours cooling and stabilization)
The amount of hashish required: 10 grams of quality hash (200 grams of butter) or 20 grams of hash of low quality
Pot butter (Hashish butter), which is basically similar to ordinary cannabis butter, is one of the most basic elements in the world of green cooking. This butter is the basis for a very wide variety of dishes of various types, including sauces, pastries and soups, and is actually as useful as ordinary butter, only a slightly different taste.
The process of preparing hashish butter is very light and short, and of course does not require the use of any kind of expensive kitchen equipment. This is perhaps the simplest omnipotent base for home preparation, but there are several methods for preparing it, and we will now teach you the two main ones, which are based on slow cooking on water vapor.
Replace the green in the heat. Here’s a simple and easy recipe for making hash butter in 7 steps:
– 200 grams of butter (large package), preferably yellow butter
– 10-20 g of hashish – quantity depending on the quality
– One teaspoon of olive oil
Equipment required in the kitchen:
– 2 heat resistant bowls – made of glass (preferably) or porcelain
– Large metal pot
– Gas stove or electric stove
– 2 layers of filter cloth (“diaper” cloth) or a bag for sowing beer seeds
– Rubber band, to tighten the opening filter cloth
1. Place the pot on the fire and pour water at a depth of about 15 cm. It is very important that the water be deep enough, so do not be lazy to measure.
2. Now, there are two methods for the continuation of the process, the direct mixing method and the “Bath Miriam” method (more commonly known as “Ben-Marie”, from French Bain-marie)
Method 1 – Mix water and butter in one pot – cooking time about two and a half hours
When the water reached a full boil, add the butter and olive oil, and let them mix in the water until the butter is completely melted. Do not worry about mixing and remember that oil and water do not really mix, so after the process is finished it will be very simple to separate the butter.
This method is considered the “official” method for preparing butter, which is used to prepare edible products that are examined in various laboratory tests.
Method 2 – Ben-Marie – hour
When the water reached a full boil, put the small bowl in the pot so that it floated on the surface of the water and put the butter and oil in it.
It is very important to remember that the mixture of water and butter in the pot should be cooked on low heat in order to undergo a stable process of decarbonification (cannabinoids that give a psychoactive effect to the finished product) that will not harm cannabinoids and cause their evaporation. In a simple calculation, less heat means longer cooking time, so you should be patient. Let the mixture simmer for at least an hour, and never let it boil! Mix every 15 minutes for optimal results.
The bottom line is that the method you choose will not really change the quality of the final product. However, there are many consumers who advocate the mixing method and claim that only two hours of cooking and more produce optimal results in terms of final impact.
No matter what you choose, the sequel will be the same in both methods.
3. When the butter melts completely and no lumps remain, lower the flame almost to the end, and add the pot to the pot. Now continue cooking according to the method you chose, according to which you will know the cooking time required.
Also, if you’ve been patient with them, you might want to save some more before judging your success. At the beginning of cooking the mixture will look very watery and of a strange color, since the hashish is not yet absorbed properly. As the process progresses, the butter will slowly begin to change its color and turn dark and thick, to a thick cream-like texture.
4. Before cooking is finished, it is recommended to prepare the bowl into which the finished product will be poured. To do this, stretch the filter cloth according to the bowl to cover it all, and then tighten the edges with the rubber band so that it does not move accidentally during the filter.
* It is recommended to leave the fabric slightly loose so that it can contain more residue and thus prevent unnecessary dirt during the filtering process.
It is important to note that the filtering process can also be performed using a manual tool, such as a slotted perforation spoon. In principle, it is not necessary to choose the filter cloth, but it is recommended to rely on the wisdom of the masses and to choose the filtering cloth as the easier way.
5. The cooking process will end when the batter reaches a thick texture and has a slightly shiny brown color. At this stage, carefully pour the contents of the pot into the bowl through the filter cloth, and at the end lift the cloth and wring out all the excess liquid. Remember that the remains of hashish that will enter the butter will not really destroy it, but it is highly recommended to keep the final product as clean as possible.
6. After you’ve filtered all the butter into the bowl, let it cool for two hours. This step is critical to help cannabinoids maintain their structural integrity and not be damaged by extreme temperature changes, such as when boiling butter is inserted directly into the refrigerator.
7. The butter cooling will end when it becomes a solid mass that will clearly separate from the remaining water layer in the bottom of the bowl. To do this properly, use a knife to separate the butter block from the dish, remove it completely and place it on a plate while inverted, scrap the remaining water from the bottom, and then transfer it to a sealed box where it will be kept in the refrigerator.
Tip for Conclusion: In general, butter is not a good product to play with too much. It is highly recommended not to remove the brown butter from the refrigerator, but to cut small pieces of it in every use.